Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lola & Gigi Fall Editorial Shoot



This year I decided to try something new with our photo shoots and do something a little more "editorial".  I've loved reading fashion magazines since I was a girl (I used to ask my mom to buy Vogue at the checkout line) but lately I haven't been feeling the love the way I used to.  Maybe it is because there is very little for me in these "high fashion" magazines.  Don't get me wrong, I think that all the attention so-called "plus size" models (usually a size 8 or 10) are getting in the media lately is great.  We need more diverse images of beauty out there in the universe.  It is all good.  But what about some editorial-style pictures of clothes that I can actually buy?  Where are those?  So I thought, what the heck, I'd create them myself!

So here they are - I'd love to know what you think.








With a fabulous team -  model Britt (a stunning size 14), photographer Adam & his assistant Lelania, hair & makeup artist Lori, videographer Michael, stylists Maddie & Isabella (my nieces!), my new right-hand woman Steph, and last but not least my amazing husband (I can't list all the things he does!) - I think we created some amazing shots!  Many thanks to Mirjana, Stella & Dot stylist, for loaning us most of the fabulous jewellery in the shots.

By the way, all of these pictures were shot at our house - in our living room, the back parking pad (on my husband's Vespa) and on our front porch!


Laura

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks great! The resulting video and photos are well worth the effort :)