Friday, May 30, 2008

Wherein I Get All Weepy With Gratitude (a warm & fuzzy note from a Lola & Gigi customer)

I wanted to take a minute to let you know how happy I am with the clothes I got from you. I love every piece.

You know, it didn't really hit me until later, how much I had been living inside of some world of depravation - like, "I will buy nice clothing when I lose weight" or "I cannot give this undeserving body nice clothes". Do you know what I mean? So I had been walking around in clothing I did not like, planning on buying nice clothes at some undetermined point in the future "when I have a body that deserves nice clothes." Sometimes this approach to life would kind of ruin my whole day!

But lo and behold, I put on the clothes that I got from you - and I already look nice! and feel like I look good! even great! All of a sudden, I don't have to wait to just enjoy myself and my body.

I don't think that you set out to really, you know, create a big revolution for women or anything. Or maybe you did! But what you are doing - providing ways for women like me to look and feel good - it is revolutionary all the same. I think, honestly, that coming to see you and allowing myself the freedom to just "go for it" in getting as much as I did from you was one of the most self-loving things I have ever, ever done for myself.

I wanted to let you know. And you can count on seeing me again. I will eagerly await opportunities to get together with you (and your clothing!) again. Plus, you know, I just really liked you.

Cheers! Alexandra

No comments: